Ideanco Climathon Dubai 2019, an initiative by ideanco Lab. and was the first in the Middle East in partnership with AREA 2071, was implemented successfully on June 30 – July 1, 2019, at AREA 2071, Emirates Towers, Dubai, United Arab Emirates. Ideanco Climathon Dubai brought together the challenges of the UAE with the local and international innovators who have the passion, expertise, and capability to crack them and come up with an actual solution full of impactful benefits for the community locally, regionally and globally.
Chosen cohorts of innovators tackled the set challenges for a full 24-hours either at AREA 2071 in Dubai or virtually from around the world, before pitching their ideas in front of relevant and well-respected judges coming from the climate change, food security, renewable energy, and relevant industries. Such ideas had the potential to be developed into tangible sustainable solutions, projects and potential startups addressing not only the UAE climate challenges and food security but also cities across the globe.
THE FIRST IN THE REGION
Ideanco Climathon Dubai
AREA 2071, June 30 – July 1, 2019 – Dubai, UAE
To come up with solutions for the UAE challenges
Provided by ideanco. and
Harvard Business School Aerospace Alumni Association
From 30 countries
COACHES AND MENTORS
Provided by Ideanco and AREA 2071
For the top cohort to be part of the ideanco virtual incubator program
Ideanco Climathon Dubai 2019 Winners
First Cohort Winner
Second Cohort Winner
Third Cohort Winner
UAE, Russia, Guadeloupe, Georgia, and Pakistan
CohortSea Level Rise Members
UAE, Bangladesh, and Oman
CohortAir Pollution Members
UAE, Singapore, Lebanon, Italy, and Canada
- By entering this competition and/or by applying and sending your information to the “IDEANCO CLIMATHON” platform/workshop owned by Ideanco Innovation Management Consultancy (“The Organizer”), an entrant is indicating his/her agreement to be bound by these terms and conditions.
- Persons must be aged at least 18 years to apply. All applicants in the UAE attending the IDEANCO CLIMATHON DUBAI will be signing a consent form that will be shared via email before the IDEANCO CLIMATHON DUBAI.
- There is no entry fee to apply.
- Acceptable Entries must be made by completing the online application process via specialized campaigns under IDEANCO CLIMATHON or any other digital direct marketing campaign issued by Ideanco, or direct digital E-mailer issued by Ideanco. Applications not submitted via the online application process will not be accepted. Visit our Website (https://ideanco.com/) or click on “Apply” to access the application at https://ideanco.com/disruption/climathon.
- Maximum one application per person. Entrants are discouraged from making multiple entries. The Organizer reserves the right to disqualify any entrant found to have done so.
- The entrant acknowledges and agrees that all information provided and contained in the application form is true and correct. The Organizer may verify the validity of entries and disqualify any entrant without notice for providing false information, failing to comply with these terms and conditions or tampering with the entry process.
- The entrant warrants that the information contained in his/her application does not infringe the intellectual property rights of any third party.
- This webpage https://ideanco.com/disruption/climathoncontains material including text, photographs, video, and other images and sound, which is protected by copyright, trademarks and/or other intellectual property rights. All rights related to the above webpage, including copyright and other intellectual property rights, are retained by the Organizer.
- The entrant will indemnify the Organizer and keep indemnified, in full against all liabilities, costs, damages, demands, and expenses suffered or incurred by the Organizer for a claim arising out of, or in connection with or enforcement of, a breach of the above warranty.
- No responsibility can be accepted for entries not received for whatever reason. The Organizer accepts no responsibility for entries that are incomplete, corrupt, delayed or not received for whatever reason. Proof of transmission will not be accepted as proof of receipt. The Organizer also reserves the right to disqualify from the promotion any entrant suspected of fraud or cheating including, without limitation, through the manipulation of codes, multiple computer-generated entries, or otherwise fraudulently falsifying data or acting fraudulently or dishonesty in the opinion of the Organizer.
- The Organizer reserves the right to cancel or amend the competition and these terms and conditions without notice in the event of a catastrophe, war, civil or military disturbance, act of God or any actual or anticipated breach of any applicable law or regulation or any other event outside of the Organizer’s control. Any changes to the competition will be notified to entrants as soon as possible by the Organizer.
- Participants will pay for their own meals if it is outside the main venue of the IDEANCO CLIMATHON DUBAI (AREA 2071). Any other expenses are not specified herein are the sole responsibility of the Participant and not the Organizer.
- Applications will be assessed and judged by a committee from all entries received. The judge’s decision in respect of all matters will be final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- Each successful Entrant must:
- be responsible for the safety of all their own belongings;
- obey the laws of Dubai and the UAE
- The Organizer, its employees, and/or contractors will not be liable for participants health insurance or any loss or damage including indirect and consequential loss (however caused), suffered by the Participants (Participants) in connection with these terms and conditions, the IDEANCO CLIMATHON DUBAI.
- Pending allocation of funding for the Ideanco’s Virtual Incubator Program from potential sponsors and supporters (private and/or public sectors), the top cohort winner of the IDEANCO CLIMATHON DUBAI will be getting a chance to enter the Ideanco Virtual Incubation Program in order to take their concept from an actual idea into a tangible working prototype. Once funding is confirmed within three months period after the actual dates of the IDEANCO CLIMATHON, top cohort winners will be notified. In case of funding is not secured for the IDEANCO CLIMATHON DUBAI, ideanco reserves the right to cancel the Virtual Incubator Program.
- Ideanco’s website may link to external third party websites or third party content. The links and content are provided as-is, for convenience, and without any liability. Third party links and content may be subject to third party terms. The Organizer provides no warranty and accepts no liability for such external third party websites or content (including disclaiming any liability arising from any claim that the content of an external website linked to this website infringes the intellectual property of a third party).
- Each Participant agrees to the use of his/her name and image in any publicity material, as well as their entry. Any personal data relating to Participant or any other entrants will be used solely in accordance with current local data protection legislation and will not be disclosed to a third party without the entrant’s prior consent.
- The Organizer shall have the right, at its sole discretion and at any time, to change or modify these terms and conditions, such change shall be effective immediately upon posting to its website. You will be bound by the most current version of the terms on the website.
- Limitation of Liability
- UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES, INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE, SHALL THE ORGANIZER , ITS AFFILIATES OR ITS SUPPLIERS BE LIABLE FOR ANY INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, INDIRECT OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES (INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, DAMAGES FOR LOSS OF BUSINESS PROFITS, BUSINESS INTERRUPTION, LOSS OR CORRUPTION OF (BUSINESS) INFORMATION, LOSS OF SERVICE, LOSS/DAMAGE TO HARDWARE OR ANY OTHER PECUNIARY LOSS) ARISING OUT OF OR RELATING TO THE MOBILE CONNECT SERVICE, EVEN IF USER HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES.
- All participants taking part in the IDEANCO CLIMATHON declare that they have sufficient ownership of intellectual property rights (trademarks, patents, copyright, etc), programmes and/or content included in their proposals, declaring through the acceptance of this Legal Notice that they do not infringe on any intellectual property right or any other rights and exempting Organizer from any liability regarding the use of the above-mentioned programs and/or content. Specifically, and in relation to the content and images that participants may make public during the IDEANCO CLIMATHON, the latter guarantee and are liable to Organizer and third parties for the following aspects:
- They are legitimate owners or holders of rights, granting Organizer the license for their publication and, where appropriate, have obtained the necessary consent from third parties to do so.
- They do not violate applicable laws such as those relating to the right to privacy, image, intellectual, industrial or similar property rights, or any right of a third party, either a person or a company.
- In the unlikely event that they publish personal details about another person during the course of the IDEANCO CLIMATHON DUBAI, they should have previously obtained their consent for the publication.
- The Participant (participants) will, therefore, be liable to the Organizer for the accuracy of the details reported, ensuring that they do actually correspond to them and not to a third party, holding Organizer harmless from any demand or claim that, if applicable, could be made by third parties in relation to the above statements, and any legitimate right to the content that is published and/or provided to Organizer as part of the IDEANCO CLIMATHONThe participants are in any event solely liable for their health insurance and the consequences of damages or actions arising from the use of the content and/or programs included in their proposals, as well as their reproduction and diffusion. Intellectual and/or industrial property for initiatives and projects submitted in the “IDEANCO CLIMATHON” will – where appropriate in each case – belong exclusively to participants who submitted them, unless otherwise agreed with the participants to have them sign an Intellectual Property Release Form which will be distributed during the IDEANCO CLIMATHON on request. All Participants to work together with high respect of one another and in an ethical way of communicating with each other.
- Participation in IDEANCO CLIMATHON DUBAI automatically means that you agree on giving Ideanco or Emirates Foundation the permission to take appropriate photos during the IDEANCO CLIMATHON workshop where Ideanco or Emirates Foundation holds the right to use the photos to promote for their programmes without asking the guardian, school or university or group or individual’s permission. This includes and not limited to posting on Ideanco or Emirates Foundation website, social media or using it in media or publications.
- Code of Conduct:
Let us Empower each other and share knowledge and skills. It is the outcome of a greater chance to have a successful idea or project. This code of conduct serves to ensure that everybody and anybody who wishes to participate is able to do so, and applies to IDEANCO CLIMATHON DUBAI workshop. Further, it applies to online activities related to IDEANCO CLIMATHON DUBAI Workshops, including postings on social media.
- Do not Harass: Harassment is any unwelcome or hostile behavior towards another person for any reason. This includes, but is not limited to, offensive verbal comments related to personal characteristics or choices, sexual images or comments, deliberate intimidation, bullying, stalking, following, harassing photography or recording, sustained disruption of discussion or events, a nonconsensual publication of private comments, or inappropriate physical contact. Conduct need not be intentional to be harassment.
- Respect the Opinions and Abilities of Others: This Code of conduct is designed as a place for people all of the different skill levels and approaches to meet and work together toward common goals. As a result, we do not expect that everybody will share the same opinion. However, we do expect that disagreement is done respectfully. We are all learning.