The First in the Middle East
THE FIRST IN THE REGION
AREA 2071, EMIRATES TOWERS, JUNE 10 – 11, 2019
Ideanco is presenting CLIMATHON DUBAI, a hackathon like and the first in the Middle East, it will take place on June 10 -11, 2019 at AREA 2071, Emirates Towers, Dubai, United Arab Emirates. CLIMATHON DUBAI brings together the challenges of the Middle East and the UAE with the local innovators who have the passion, expertise, and capability to crack them and come up with an actual solution full of impactful benefits for the community locally, regionally and globally.
Chosen cohorts of innovators to tackle the set challenges for a full 24-hours either at AREA 2071 in Dubai or virtually from anywhere in the world, before pitching their ideas in front of relevant and well-respected judges coming from the climate change, food security, renewable energy, and relevant industries. These ideas can develop into tangible sustainable solutions, projects and potential startups that address not only the UAE climate challenges and food security but also cities across the globe.
To come up with solutions for the UAE challenges
Provided by ideanco.
Harvard business school aerospace alumni association
OVER 100 INNOVATORS
From the region
COACHES AND MENTORS
Provided by Ideanco, YAL and AREA 2071
For the top teams to be part of ideanco virtual incubator program
Then, our planet continues to exist with a healthy ecosystem
Then, the chances of breathing fresh oxygen is maximized
Sea Level Rise
Then, the possibilities of sea level rise is minimized
Acquiring Cohorts of Innovators
Solutions with Global Impact
Developing the Concept to MVP
Program coming soon
PARTNERS, SPONSORS AND SUPPORTERS
Under the Patronage of
Climate from Space Sponsor
In Association With
The Power of Partnership
Idea Innovator and Knowledge Partner
WELLBEING AND HAPPINESS
BECOME A SPONSOR
Become a Sponsor of the
and lead the Climate Change and Food Security Challenges.
Contact Nayla Salibi at: email@example.com
Your brand will be exposed to high caliber of innovators from the public and private sectors who are changing the World.
SHARE THE FUTURE AND PROMOTE INNOVATION
Supporting and inspiring the next generation of innovators in the field within the UAE, while building strong relationships with future leaders of the industry.
Investing in a generation of future engineers, developers, and entrepreneurs in the United Arab Emirates. As leaders in the field, you will have the chance to shape the skill set and career trajectory of a tomorrow’s innovator.
Attracting innovators from Physics, Bioinformatics, Computer Science, Engineering, Economics, Math, Philosophy, Cognitive Science and more…
- Opportunity to promote sponsor while engaging with Innovators
- Gain online exposure through Ideanco and AREA 2071 global social media channels
- Create brand loyalty amongst cohorts of highly impactful innovators
RECRUITMENT AND NETWORKING
- Network with the future leaders chosen through a highly selective process
- Interact with innovators that specialize in a diverse range of skills and talent
- Have exclusive access to some of the brightest minds in the local area
- Make a positive difference by growing a community of passionate leaders
- Join the excitement as we build the future of Climate Change innovation
- Be part of the fun and action that comes with every CLIMATHON!
Apply today to the CLIMATHON DUBAI and get a chance to solve global climate change challenges and to take your concept to the next level and be exposed to elite Judges aligned with sustainability and climate change. Innovators, professionals, entrepreneurs, startups or existing companies are allowed to enter the Climathon.
All individuals should be over 18 to enter the Climathon.
The entrepreneur is in the Climate Change, Food Security Sustainability and Renewable Energy industry ONLY with a special highlight on the pre-identified challenges of the IDEANCO CLIMATHON:
- Air Pollution
- Sea Level Rise
All applicants will go through the selection criteria as described below:
Internal Committee: The internal committee will meet, provide due diligence and appraise all applicants that applied to the IDEANCO CLIMATHON platform. Applicants that do not meet the eligibility criteria will be excluded from the IDEANCO CLIMATHON platform and notified.
Selection Committee: The selection committee consists of prominent and elite players from the sustainability and climate change industry (private and public sectors). The selection committee will choose the top innovators, professionals, entrepreneurs, startups or existing companies and will group them into Cohorts (minimum three per Cohort) that are suitable for the IDEANCO CLIMATHON platform. The selection committee criteria is based on solution concepts.
The chosen cohorts will be made available for the 24 hours IDEANCO CLIMATHON platform at AREA 2071 located at the prestigious Emirates Towers in Dubai or virtually from anywhere in the globe on June 10 – 11, 2019. Qualified semi-finalists will be notified at least 2 weeks prior to the CLIMATHON.
The organizers of the event will not cover expenses nor accommodation for any of the cohorts. Each of the Semi-finalists or cohorts are expected to pay for their own hotel stay, and transportation. As an alternative, chosen cohorts can work on the challenges virtually.
At IDEANCO CLIMATHON the judges will evaluate semi-finalists during the challenge pitch and results will be given on the same day to all semi-finalists as per judging criteria below:
- Innovativeness of Approach
- Quality of Solution
- By entering this competition and/or by applying and sending your information to the IDEANCO CLIMATHON platform owned by Ideanco Innovation Management Consultancy (“The Organizer”), an entrant is indicating his/her agreement to be bound by these terms and conditions.
- Persons must be aged at least 18 years to apply.
- There is no entry fee to apply.
- Acceptable Entries must be made by completing the online application process via specialized campaigns under IDEANCO CLIMATHON or any other digital direct marketing campaign issued by Ideanco, or direct digital E-mailer issued by Ideanco. Applications not submitted via the online application process will not be accepted. Visit our Website (https://ideanco.com/) or click on “Apply” to access the application at https://ideanco.com/disruption/climathon.
- Maximum one application per person. Entrants are discouraged from making multiple entries. The Organizer reserves the right to disqualify any entrant found to have done so.
- The entrant acknowledges and agrees that all information provided and contained in the application form is true and correct. The Organizer may verify the validity of entries and disqualify any entrant without notice for providing false information, failing to comply with these terms and conditions or tampering with the entry process.
- The entrant warrants that the information contained in his/her application does not infringe the intellectual property rights of any third party.
- This webpage https://ideanco.com/disruption/climathon contains material including text, photographs, video, and other images and sound, which is protected by copyright, trademarks and/or other intellectual property rights. All rights related to the above webpage, including copyright and other intellectual property rights, are retained by the Organizer.
- The entrant will indemnify the Organizer and keep indemnified, in full against all liabilities, costs, damages, demands, and expenses suffered or incurred by the Organizer for a claim arising out of, or in connection with or enforcement of, a breach of the above warranty.
- No responsibility can be accepted for entries not received for whatever reason. The Organizer accepts no responsibility for entries that are incomplete, corrupt, delayed or not received for whatever reason. Proof of transmission will not be accepted as proof of receipt. The Organizer also reserves the right to disqualify from the promotion any entrant suspected of fraud or cheating including, without limitation, through the manipulation of codes, multiple computer-generated entries, or otherwise fraudulently falsifying data or acting fraudulently or dishonesty in the opinion of the Organizer.
- The Organizer reserves the right to cancel or amend the competition and these terms and conditions without notice in the event of a catastrophe, war, civil or military disturbance, act of God or any actual or anticipated breach of any applicable law or regulation or any other event outside of the Organizer’s control. Any changes to the competition will be notified to entrants as soon as possible by the Organizer.
- Semi-Finalists will pay for their own meals, if it is outside the main venue of the CLIMATHON. Any other expenses are not specified herein are the sole responsibility of the semi-finalist and not the Organizer.
- Applications will be assessed and judged by a committee from all entries received. The judge’s decision in respect of all matters will be final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- Each successful Entrant must:
- be responsible for the safety of all their own belongings;
- obey the laws of Dubai and the UAE.
- The Organizer, its employees, and/or contractors will not be liable for participants health insurance or any loss or damage including indirect and consequential loss (however caused), suffered by the finalist in connection with these terms and conditions, the Climathon or the prize (if there is a prize).
- This website may link to external third party websites or third party content. The links and content are provided as-is, for convenience, and without any liability. Third party links and content may be subject to third party terms. The Organizer provides no warranty and accepts no liability for such external third party websites or content (including disclaiming any liability arising from any claim that the content of an external website linked to this website infringes the intellectual property of a third party).
- Each finalist agrees to the use of his/her name and image in any publicity material, as well as their entry. Any personal data relating to a semi-finalist or any other entrants will be used solely in accordance with current local data protection legislation and will not be disclosed to a third party without the entrant’s prior consent.
- The Organizer shall have the right, at its sole discretion and at any time, to change or modify these terms and conditions, such change shall be effective immediately upon posting to its website. You will be bound by the most current version of the terms on the website.
- Limitation of Liability
- THE APPLICATION SUBMISSION PROCESS IS PROVIDED WITHOUT ANY IMPLIED OR EXPRESS WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, SUCH AS (BUT NOT LIMITED TO) WARRANTIES FOR FITNESS FOR PURPOSE, ERROR FREE OPERATION, AVAILABILITY, DATA LOSS OR CORRUPTION, ETC. TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW THE PROMOTER EXCLUDES ALL LIABILITY CONNECTED TO THE PROVISION OF THE APPLICATION SUBMISSION PROCESS.
- UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES, INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE, SHALL THE ORGANIZER , ITS AFFILIATES OR ITS SUPPLIERS BE LIABLE FOR ANY INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, INDIRECT OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES (INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, DAMAGES FOR LOSS OF BUSINESS PROFITS, BUSINESS INTERRUPTION, LOSS OR CORRUPTION OF (BUSINESS) INFORMATION, LOSS OF SERVICE, LOSS/DAMAGE TO HARDWARE OR ANY OTHER PECUNIARY LOSS) ARISING OUT OF OR RELATING TO THE MOBILE CONNECT SERVICE, EVEN IF USER HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES.
- All participants taking part in the IDEANCO CLIMATHON declare that they have sufficient ownership of intellectual property rights (trademarks, patents, copyright, etc), programmes and/or content included in their proposals, declaring through the acceptance of this Legal Notice that they do not infringe on any intellectual property right or any other rights and exempting Organizer from any liability regarding the use of the above-mentioned programmes and/or content. Specifically, and in relation to the content and images that participants may make public during the IDEANCO CLIMATHON, the latter guarantee and are liable to Organizer and third parties for the following aspects:
- They are legitimate owners or holders of rights, granting Organizer the license for their publication and, where appropriate, have obtained the necessary consent from third parties to do so.
- They do not violate applicable laws such as those relating to the right to privacy, image, intellectual, industrial or similar property rights, or any right of a third party, either a person or a company.
- In the unlikely event that they publish personal details about another person during the course of the competition, they should have previously obtained their consent for the publication.
The Semi-finalist and their participant(s) will, therefore, be liable to the Organizer for the accuracy of the details reported, ensuring that they do actually correspond to them and not to a third party, holding Organizer harmless from any demand or claim that, if applicable, could be made by third parties in relation to the above statements, and any legitimate right to the content that is published and/or provided to Organizer as part of the IDEANCO CLIMATHON
The participants are in any event solely liable for their health insurance and the consequences of damages or actions arising from the use of the content and/or programmes included in their proposals, as well as their reproduction and diffusion.
Intellectual and/or industrial property for initiatives and projects submitted in the “IDEANCO CLIMATHON” will – where appropriate in each case – belong exclusively to participants who submitted them, unless otherwise agreed with the participants to have them sign an Intellectual Property Release Form which will be distributed during the Ideanco Climathon on request.